Michael-Wood News Articles
Mike Wood was an Associate Member of EIGCA until he retired in 2019.
Mike Wood has a background of more than 25 years in professional consultancy as a landscape architect, environmental scientist and golf course architect. His primary expertise is in the environmental aspects of golf course development and management and he has built a reputation as one of the leading consultants working in this field.
Mike was the author of EIGCA's Environment Policy and currently chairs the Environment Committee. He also represents EIGCA on the Industry Forum of the Golf Environment Organization (GEO). Mike has been closely involved with the work of GEO since their inception, and was Lead Consultant for the 'Legacy Guidance' project for sustainable golf development.
His recent project experience includes:
- Comporta Links, Alentejo, Portugal (2010): advice to design team (Fazio Golf Course Designers and European Golf Design) on sustainability aspects on behalf of GEO for 2018 Ryder Cup bid development
- Trump International Golf Links Scotland (2008): provided alternative routing plan on behalf of objectors led by Royal Society for the Protection of Birds. Plan and report presented as evidence at public inquiry in July 2008
- Loch Lomond Golf Club Second Course, Loch Lomond and the Trossachs National Park, Scotland (2003-2008): lead environmental consultant for successful planning consent, working in association with Nicklaus Design
- Dundonald Links, Ayrshire, Scotland (2006): preparation of environmental management plan as condition of planning consent for newly-opened links course designed by Kyle Phillips
- The Carrick on Loch Lomond, Loch Lomond and the Trossachs National Park, Scotland (2005): Landscape Architect for EDAW Planning Consultants for successful planning consent, working in association with Carrick Design
- Rowallan Castle, Ayrshire, Scotland (2000): Landscape Architect for successful planning consent gained following public inquiry (provided landscape evidence as expert witness at inquiry), design by European Golf Design.
To recognise the huge amount of effort that Mike has personally put into the EIGCA's work in this field and into the creation of the Golf Environment Organization's Legacy Guidelines, Mike was invited to become EIGCA's Sustainability Advisor in 2012.
- Michael Wood
- EIGCA Member Since: